I’m a Volunteer/Webmaster/Graphic Designer!
I have always been fascinated with cars, computers and anything with technology. I started playing around with Photoshop and HTML in 1997. After graduating High School in 1999 I started a Graphic Design degree at Louisville Tech. I built my first full featured website in 2000.
On May 9th 2002 I was rear-ended by a semi truck (on I-71 near La Grange, KY) while driving to a car show. The wreck injured my spinal cord at C3, C4 & C5, resulting in Paralysis from the neck down (Incomplete Tetraplegia). While in rehab I learned to use the computer again by using a head controlled mouse. When I got home from the hospital I started to volunteer my time and build websites.
Since my spinal cord injury I have volunteered to build several websites for non-profit organizations. I have received several awards and special mentions for my volunteering effort. I’m extremely honored to be a part of so many great organizations.
In 2010 I founded the Michael Feger Paralysis Foundation, something I had been dreaming about since my injury. The Michael Feger Paralysis Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization that provides assistance to people effected by spinal cord injury and disease. Our mission is to raise awareness about spinal cord injury and disease through education. Provide assistance to people who have a spinal cord injury and disease. Help them move forward in a life of independence, health and personal fulfillment. Please visit MichaelFegerParalysisFoundation.org for more information or follow us on Facebook.
Awards And Special Mentions
- 2005 NKFK Distinguished Volunteer Award
- I received this award from the National Kidney Foundation of Kentucky for my volunteer work on the nkfk.org website. I am very proud of this award!
- 2005 SCIAK Volunteer of the Year Award
- I received this award from the Spinal Cord Injury Association of Kentucky for my volunteer work on the sciak.org website. I was presented with the award during the SCIAK Summit. I think everyone knew I was getting the award except me. I had no idea!
- 2007 Mentioned in Barren Heights Newsletter
- I enjoy volunteering for Barren Heights, they are like family.
- 2007 Volunteer Spotlight in The Kidney Connection
- The Volunteer Spotlight is a section of the quarterly Kidney Connection Newsletter. I was the first volunteer to be mentioned.